This weekend DrupalCamp is coming to Pune, India! The conference will be held at the beautiful campus of Vishwakarma Institute of Technology located in Upper Indira Nagar, Bibwewadi, Pune between 14-15 September 2019. Preston So, the Principal Product Manager at Gatsby is the keynote speaker this year. He is also the author of the bestselling web programming book- Decoupled Drupal in Practice.
Session tracks this year discuss:
- Beyond Drupal
- Business & Leadership
- Drupal+ Frontend Design
- QA, DevOps & Infrastructure
- Drupal+ Backend and
About the Event
Axelerant is acting as a Lanyard sponsor for DC Pune 2019 and six team members will be participating as speakers. Our team members, Shweta Sharma and Hussain Abbas have also helped with organizing DC Pune 2019 and contributed their expertise to the DrupalCamp Pune 2019 panel as session evaluators.
The key to #diverse sessions at #DrupalCamp Pune is a diverse group of panelists! Meet our DrupalCamp Pune session evaluators! #Drupalthanks #Drupal #DiversityandInclusion pic.twitter.com/e2AOr41zvh— Drupal Pune (@drupalcamppune) August 20, 2019
Another Axelerant team member Sushil Hanwate is part of the organizing committee and has been helping around with budgeting, sponsorships, building and maintaining the website and logistics. And our People Operations Manager, Parth Gohil, will also be on stage as one of the event coordinators.
If you wish to attend, but haven't registered yet, here's the registration link!
So which sessions are we giving?
Microservices architecture pattern using GraphQL and Decoupled Drupal
Session Track: Beyond Drupal
Room: Lecture Hall 1
Starts at: Sep 14, Saturday 14:05
Duration: 55 minutes
In this session, they will first briefly introduce what GraphQL and Decoupled Drupal is and what they can solve; after that, they will talk about how to use GraphQL in the microservices architecture pattern and using Decoupled Drupal as microservice.
In this session they will also discuss:
- Microservices Architecture Pattern
- Getting started with GraphQL
- Integrating Decoupled Drupal REST endpoints as a data source in GraphQL
- GraphQL Schema Definition Language (SDL)
- GraphQL module in Drupal 8
Prateek and Subhojit will then demo the Slack Standup Bot application that we built at Axelerant using GraphQL and Decoupled Drupal on microservices architecture pattern.
Case study - How we automate tests for multiple Drupal sites using a single script
Industry track: QA, DevOps & Infrastructure
We want to follow industry standards with our websites and apps. One of them is to add test coverage to your website and applications as it provides lots of benefits.
This session is for people who want to implement BDD using Behat in their Drupal projects in general. This will also be helpful for those who are working on a collection of similar sites like a multi-site setup or an ACSF setup where sites exhibit similar behavior.
- How to set up Behat to run tests for Drupal projects.
- How to configure behat.yml for multiple sites.
- How to configure and create a PHP script to feed multiple URLs to Behat.
- How to generate corresponding reports for each site the test runs on.
Understanding Code Complexity and using Static Analysis to measure it
Industry track: Drupal+ Backend
Experienced programmers can often look at a piece of code and know what’s wrong, or feel what’s wrong. But people are known to miss things or overestimate the impact of any piece of code. Fortunately, mathematics comes to our rescue.
Engineers and mathematicians have tried to measure code complexity based on various factors and give a metric. These metrics help in understanding if the code in question is maintainable or has a lot of dependencies or even if it is too complex to test efficiently. This formal approach at understanding code complexity helps us in removing subjectivity and also allows us to automate using CI.
In this session, we will learn:
- Some of the more common code complexity metrics.
- Tools like phpmd and others which helps us in measuring code complexity.
- Customise phpmd and other wrapper tools to check for precisely the metrics we care about.
- Integrating these tools in your CI environment with a Docker image built for this purpose.
Diversity and Inclusion - The backbone of a stronger community
Session Track: Community
- What is Diversity and Inclusion?
- Why is it necessary?
- Drupal Community and diversity - where we are and what we are doing?
- Ways to get involved.
And Mohit will be coordinating a workshop!
Ajit Shinde, Developer
Submit your first patch to drupal.org
Session Track: Community
Just some basic pre-requisites:
- A laptop with a local Drupal site running.
- The site should be installed via git.
- Terminal and/or gitbash
- A drupal.org account.
- Join the official slack channel - http://drupalslack.herokuapp.com
- Willingness to contribute
In this workshop, Mohit and Ajit are planning to do a hands-on walk-through of how contributions could be made on drupal.org starting from the very basics. They are also planning to divide the workshop into different sections:
Introduction (15 mins):
- Importance and benefits of contributions.
- Type of contributions you can make on drupal.org - the main focus of the workshop being around the issue queues.
- Introduction to the issues queues and its various components.
Get started with patches - reroll (1h):
- Introduction to git-based workflow of creating patches.
- Finding your first issue from the issue queue to work on (patch-reroll).
- Walk-through of how to reroll a patch. Guiding everyone to do this.
Creating your first patch (30m or as time permits):
- Finding an issue to work on (novice).
- Going through the feedback in the comments and getting started with the interaction.
- Applying the patch which needs change and making the changes.
- Creating the patch.
- Introduction to interdiffs and a way to create them.
Planned changes on drupal.org
- Gitlab integration.
- Next phase - PR reviews?
And in case you've questions about Axelerant—what we do, the benefits we offer, how we work or why some of the best in the community have chosen us—our People Operations team will be on premise. Feel free to connect with Parth Gohil or Vidya Kulkarni. They're ready to meet you.
Sharayu Thakare, Marketing Program Lead
A dog-mom, she can eat a whole tub of ice cream in one sitting and has an impressive collection of superhero figurines by her desk. She's crazy about fan fiction, and can't stand the thought of driving.