DrupalCon New Orleans will be the first major event after DrupalCon Asia that Axelerant attends in 2016. We've got Hussain, Michael, and Piyush heading to Louisiana, ready for Drupal, jazz, and beignets. Each is either presenting or on the event organizing team.
We’re presenting two sessions from two tracks at DrupalCon New Orleans: one under Project Management and the other under Drupal.org.
Visualizing Drupal Community Through Drupal.org
Time: 05/11/2016 - 17:00-05/11/2016 - 18:00
Room: 274 [Forum One]
Hussain shares his experience building Drustats.com, the visualisation tool that won him DrupalCon Asia's Developer Contest. He explores what other data we should be collecting to use to reward contributors and encourage contributions.
In the session Hussain will cover these and more:
- Users and contributors (documentation, code, etc.) in numbers
- Trends of various contributions to Drupal.org content and projects
- Contributions to Drupal.org split geographically and by other factors
- The Geographic reach of the Drupal community
- Actionable facts and figures for the Drupal community from drupal.org
- Food for thought on what the Drupal community might look like in a few years
- Discussions and ideas on what to focus on to encourage new contributors
The Art of #NoEstimates
Time: 05/12/2016 - 13:00-05/12/2016 - 14:00
Room: 265-266 [FFW]
In this project management session, Piyush will introduce the approach of #NoEstimates for optimizing the predictability and profitability of Drupal Projects. He'll be pulling from his 10+ years of experience giving them.
In this session Piyush covers this and more:
- The pros and cons of the #NoEstimates approach
- How #NoEstimates approach fits well with Drupal projects
- Scenarios where #NoEstimates approach works best
- Go through real-life examples of projects delivered with #NoEstimates
- Frameworks for Drupal projects that don't require estimates
- Project management (risk, scope management, progress reporting, etc.) approaches
- The tools and the approach you need to prove the value of #NoEstimates
- Where #NoEstimates is going and what the likely changes will be
- How to start applying #NoEstimates right away
Michael, The Official Event Photographer
One of many ways we contribute to the DrupalCon event management is by capturing all of it with photographs with Open Source Event Photography. Michael is heading up the photography team and after covering over 10 international Open Source events across the world, including DrupalCon Asia 2016, he's bringing his skills to New Orleans.
If you'd like to join his team, fill out the form to get started.
We'd never miss out on New Orleans!
Axelerant is glad to be giving back to the Drupal community with sessions, volunteerism and more. Follow Hussian, Michael, and Piyush on Twitter. And if you'd like to get in touch with them, comment below.